Live Q&A with IssaraJul 23, 2020
Click here to view the questions designers submitted.
Hi, in this one hour live Q&A I answer over 40 questions from designers about motion and product design.
And, as usual, I found a new and exciting way to totally screw up the Zoom recording. So the audio and content is good but the video of my face is small, which is probably for the best.
Here's what I talked about
3:50 How to explore motion unique to your brand?
5:38 Where to find jobs that are more motion-centric?
7:20 Can you help me with career opportunity?
7:33 Where can animator fit in the team?
9:15 How to sell motion to stakeholders
10:15 Motion design system, classification of animation, standards and guidelines
14:38 Can you enter the UX field if you are self taught?
15:45 Standards for animating elements on screen. 4 important easing standards
- Cubic-Bezier: https://cubic-bezier.com
- Easings: https://easings.net
- Google Material: https://material.io/design/motion
20:35 Live mock ups for tips and tricks
21:17 How to document motion
22:31 How to improve handoff to the developers
23:35 When is it an advantage to use AE over other tools where you can also show interactivity? Learning UX
- Interaction Design Foundation is cheap and has TONS of content: http://interaction-design.org
25:33 Different categories of UI Animations
26:16 How to best build pieces for engineers handoff?
29:38 Career advice during Covid
31:16 What’s the best way to hand off your design? You gotta be able to engage with devs, create partnership with the beginning.
32:20 Installing questions Bodymovin After Effects plugin
- Free ZXP installer here: https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer
- Free LottieFiles AE plugin here: https://lottiefiles.com/plugins/after-effects
39:20 Is there a plugin that converts AE to HTML or CSS?
- Crazy Anreas Koller tool: https://player.vimeo.com/video/287013761
41:16 Salary expectation after taking UX in Motion courses
42:22 Building an interaction template library
43:12 Will AE ever support interactivity?
44:41 Animation for gaming enviro
45:15 Motion background to UX
46:09 Building a portfolio for UX/UI animation
- Read my articles here: https://medium.com/ux-in-motion
49:20 What types of projects to include in portfolio
50:45 Is it true that devs hate animation if you get too creative?
51:10 Is it good to design long animation like I see on Dribbble?
52:45 User testing
- Things to test: https://medium.com/ux-in-motion/motion-design-in-digital-products-a-white-paper-48da834261dd
56:10 The most used software
57:45 How would UX design help towards community management, twitch\youtube streaming, and marketing?
58:40 Going from Illustrator to After Effects using Overlord
- Overlord: https://www.battleaxe.co/overlord
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.