How to Create Parallax in After EffectsMar 24, 2020
In this tutorial video, you are going to learn how to create parallax in After Effects. Parallax comes in many different flavors and designs and from a usability perspective can do many different things.
To begin designing and implementing user experiences that contain parallax, it’s important to get the fundamental concept: different elements moving at different rates. In After Effects, you can create parallax quickly and simply using the position property and offsetting the motion.
As a bonus, I share how add a couple subtle animation details that will make the user experience even better.
The steps I will be covering include:
1. Review the design in Photoshop
2. Import the design into After Effects
3. Animate the Position property across multiple layers
4. Tweak the animation to make it feel ‘just right’
5. Animate the Transparency property to add a subtle details
6. Finish with animating the Scale property to complete a clean and delightful User Experience.
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.